Saturday, March 26, 2011

Work of Art Proposal - Revised

One of the seminars I attended last week gave me inspiration to develop a lesson that includes a cross-curricular, grant-provided opportunity Lansing Schools is in the process of implementing. With your permission, I would like to make a short video of the following information:

  • Title: Artistic Global Positioning Cache 
  • Audience: Art Teachers first – K-5 students if approved through Art Steering Committee. 
  • Goal: To teach students how to implement today’s GPS instruments into real world experiences, while using Art as the basis of the lesson. 
  • I will discuss the details of the lesson (grade(s) targeted, duration, benchmarks/standards met, directions, vocabulary, resources and assessment). 
  • I will demonstrate how to perform the lesson. 
  • I will show end results. 
  • I can teach different forms of NDCE through the video by implementing observations of architecture and photography. 
  • I can use NDCE’s video and music portions in the development of the movie. 
My challenge would be to find a way to make teaching a lesson on GPS Technology interesting, while using Art as the precept behind the assignment. I can/will use some form of music to accompany the video, livening it up, as I present it to my peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment