Saturday, March 5, 2011

Module 4 - Imaginative Bridges

Eisner talks about form in art and how art is abstract. To some degree, I am not 100% convinced of their stance. Form in art can mean the elements within the composition, or just the shape of something. Abstract is the intentional misconstruing of that form, giving a general reference to the original, but allowing the mind to see other things as well. In my class, we talk about subject matter within an artwork all the time. Most of my lessons are directed to have certain subject(s) within them, but I allow the students the freedoms to manipulate those forms any way they see fit. I believe art is self-expressionism and, although I am guiding the students toward a particular image, how that image appears is solely up to each artist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment