Friday, March 25, 2011

Module 5 - Imaginative Bridges-Part 3

I have been listening to Christina Aguilera's "Ain't No Other Man" for the last two days as I tried to break it down into the simplified parts Robert Kapilow talks about in our listening assignments. I consider myself somebody that fits Copeland's version of a "gifted listener" when it comes to music; I have no theoretical background at all. I like to listen to music for what it is, music.

I am sure that a lot of my students are the same way when they come into my room. They want to enjoy art for art's sake. This is why I want to develop lessons that have an artistic "hook" and draws interest right from the start. This can be done by teaching different art movements, using different mediums or just allowing the students the freedom to experience their own creativity. If i use the "gifted listener" ideal and convert that into "gifted artist" it is so much fun to see when a child finds an art style, or medium they enjoy working with. You can just tell when it all clicks for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment