Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Aesthetic Modes Of Knowing

OK...I just read the reading assignment for this week. Can anybody translate all that into laymen's terms? It was a lot of big words that meant absolutely nothing to me. Aesthetics = How something appears, or looks? Form = What we know? Forming = What we are trying to know? Abstract = What we think we see? Plato....?

We talk about what we know. We learn from those that already know it. We can only speculate if we do not know and there is nobody else there to explain it. The only other option we have is to get dirty and physically perform whatever function we are attempting to learn. This way, we learn from our mistakes. There is no abstraction. There is no form. There is only knowledge and the pursuit of knowledge. After reading the assignment, something tells me I still don't know anything and pretty sure I will be accused of not reading again, or following directions, because of my confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment