Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Song Analysis - "Fractured Mirror" by Ace Frehley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zy40rT7G0w&feature=youtube_gdata

This is my video song analysis of the song, "Fractured Mirror," by Ace Frehley of Kiss.

I am not really sure how to implement any of this assignment into an art room, but I can definitely use my mistakes as learning tools. As I finished my original version, my program took a dump and I lost about 25% of my work. I had saved a bunch of the project, but the final stretch work was gone forever. I was furious. I even had a hard time sleeping, waking myself up at 0400 hrs with thoughts of how to fix my problem.

The other way I can use this in an art room, would be to stress paying attention to the details. Just as Ace Frehley introduced many different layers of guitars, each playing minor, yet elaborate, pieces, it was not until you reach the middle of the song, at the climax, before you can hear all of the guitars playing at once. In art, it takes many different pieces to make up a whole composition. Whether it be different colors, mediums, or styles, each piece has a part in the whole composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment