Sunday, April 10, 2011

Module 6 - Imaginative Bridges

I'm not sure if I am supposed to talk about fashion and how it fits into an Art room, or the concept behind "What Not To Wear." My fashion sense is the pits (I want to say sucks, but my professor said I cannot use that word in class). I hate getting dolled up, even for school. I understand that the better you dress, the better people treat you, but I also come from a very rural setting where people take you for who you are, not how you dress.

The concept behind "What Not To Wear" as applied to an Art room can be seen in my "What Not To Teach" video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nbhixkvoSE&feature=youtube_gdata). I took a plain old art lesson I had witnessed a classroom teacher use years ago and I applied a couple ideas I learned here in the MAET program, bringing it into the 21st century. I think the kids would prefer a lesson that implements technology much  more than a simple sit and observe lesson any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment